When does the Sisters at Heart Celebration Weekend take place?
- Our Sisters at Heart Celebration is always held on the first Saturday in August.
- The Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival takes place the first Sunday in August.
When does each day begin and end?
- Saturday begins with registration at 8 AM and typically ends at 4 PM
- Saturday night, from 5-9:00 PM is the “Brewers Against Breast Cancer” Sunset Dance Party
- Sunday begins with marshalling at 7:30 and the last BCS race & medals ceremony end at 2:00
PARTICIPATION and TEAM COMPOSITION
Who can participate in Sisters at Heart Celebration?
- This event is for breast cancer survivor dragon boat teams.
- Non paddling breast cancer survivors as well as friends and family members are welcome to register as a Supporter.
Can I register for Sisters at Heart as an individual? The Sisters at Heart Celebration is designed for team participation. Please email us at email@example.com if you are a breast cancer survivor and part of a dragon boat team, but your team is not coming and you wish to participate.
Can we bring our steersperson?
- Absolutely! Your steersperson can steer for your 500m and 200m races, if pre-approved for steering on Lake Champlain with its very unpredictable conditions.
- Please know that your steersperson will be steering in the races on Saturday and Sunday, but will not be doing so during the paddling workshop on Saturday.
Do we need a steersperson?
- If not competing for ERDBA or a BCS medal, we can provide you with a steersperson. We cannot guarantee that the steersperson we provide will be a breast cancer survivor.
- In order for your team to meet ERDBA requirements, you must be BCS from stem to stern, including the steersperson and drummer.
Do we need a drummer?
- Yes, every team is asked to bring a drummer. If your drummer is unable to attend, please let us know ASAP and we will try to find a replacement.
- If we provide a drummer, we cannot guarantee she will be a breast cancer survivor.
Do our drummer and steersperson need to be BCS?
- Yes, if you wish to vie for medals at the LCDBF BCS Division Races on Sunday, everyone on your boat must be BCS, including your drummer and steersperson.
- Yes, if you wish to count SAH as an ERDBA race.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
How much does it cost to participate?
The cost for the entire weekend is:
- $1,785 for a full boat consisting of up to 20 paddlers, a drummer and a steersperson (optional)
- $45 per person for alternate paddlers, non-paddling BCS and supporters.
What’s included in the registration fee?
All registered participants will receive:
- Saturday (includes 500m ERDBA sanctioned races)
- On land movement workshop
- On water paddling workshop (paddlers & drummers only)
- Catered Lunch (includes presentations of team cheers/songs)
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Social
- Sisters at Heart Participatory medal (paddlers, drummers, steers only)
- Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival hat and t-shirt
- Free entry for all who wear their 2019 LCDBF t-shirt to the “Brewers Against Breast Cancer” sunset dance party, Saturday, 5-9:00 PM
- Sunday (includes 200m BCS division races, also ERDBA sanctioned)
- Flower Ceremony
- Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival participatory medal (paddlers, drummers, steers only)
- Medals for 1st 2nd and 3rd place finishers
Are fees refundable?
- No, all fees are non-refundable
How do I register for the Sisters at Heart Celebration?
- Captains or another designated team member must register their team. Click <<HERE>> to register your team.
- After registering a team, the registrant will receive a confirmation email with a link to send to teammates.
- Participants will then be able to register themselves and their supporters.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- A canopy so you and your teammates have a shady place to gather; 10′ x 10′ works well for your 15” x 15’ site
- Water bottles! We will have a water truck with free water available both Saturday and Sunday.
- A team chant, song, or spirited cheer to share with other SAH teams at lunch on Saturday.
- Decorations! Participate in Sunday’s Spirit Competition for the best decorated site!
- Other good ideas: camp chairs, coolers, towels, rain gear, and warm jacket/pants just in case.
- Paddles and PFDs if you’d like, though we will have plenty available for your use.